Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 17, 2009

Appointment Update

Wednesday we went to the doctor for a check-up and everything looks great! My fundal height (size of my belly) grows consistently at a rate of about 2cm per month the doctor said. I had to get a Rhogam shot as well because I am Rh negative, meaning that because of my blood type (O-) I have to receive this antibody to ensure that in the event my blood were to mix with the baby's blood I would not start producing anti-bodies to reject the baby...or something like that, that answer sounds pretty smart I think. :)

I tested negative for gestational diabetes following blood work that I did a couple weeks ago which is also a good thing! Otherwise things are looking great and for the next 6-8 weeks I will be headed to the doctor every other week and then it will be weekly after that. It's hard to believe how quickly this is all flying by.

As I write this Marcos is busy assembling the crib to go with some of the furniture that we received from his parents as a gift for the baby. We are so grateful and so impressed with how nice everything looks. Once we have some more pieces put together I will post some pics of the nursery. Also, tonight we are headed out for his sisters' birthday and we will be sure to get a good shot of my 30 week belly to post on here. Have a great weekend! :)

No comments: