Yesterday we had an appointment with Dr. Hillabrand for a week 16 check up. We were able to hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time, good and strong at 140 bpm. At the last appointment when I was 12 weeks we tried to listen to the hearthbeat but the doctor said that the baby was still too low in my pelvis to pick up the heartbeat clearly over all the other valve noises going on. You might remember from the post that week that we did have an ultrasound and were able to see the heartbeat and the baby moving all around so we were pleased with that.
We learned that the doctor isn't the one who will tell us the sex of the baby! We had no idea! In 4 weeks I am scheduled for the 2o week check up and at that appoontment she will refer us to the hospital - San Antonio Community for the ultrasound that checks out all the baby's major systems - heart, brain, etc and that's when we find out the sex of the baby. That appointment at the hospital is not scheduled yet but hopefully we will be able to go the week before Thanksgiving.
I must admit as we get closer I have been going online looking at myths, etc. on how to tell if you are having a boy or girl. So far I found just about equal signs that it both a boy and a girl and depending on the website this sign means boy and on another it means girl. I decided that I can't let myself get caught up in any of that anymore and will just have to be patient for 4 more weeks. Any guesses??
I've been feeling good now that I am well into the 2nd trimester. I am not feeling as tired and it is nice to feel like I have a normal energy level back. I have been experiencing some acid reflux which can be uncomfortable so I carry tums around with me all the time and that seems to be working so far. Otherwise everything is going great!! This weekend we are all looking forward to the Game of The Week - Los Osos vs. Uplanp High School. It should be a GREAT game and will be on TV at 7:30pm on Friday on PRIME on Dish Network that is Channel 411. I think Marcos has invited everyone he knows and every night he comes home and says another person or 2 or 3 are coming to the game. Our fan section is going to be huge. I will take some pictures and post the excitement this weekend. Check us out on TV if you can! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Well, the heartbeat indicates to me that it's a girl. I think crazy fast beats indicate a boy. I think! But you have to do the chinese calendar. Just this last thing. It's ALWAYS right. Well, from what I heard. just google it and millions of them will come up. try one. Bet it's a boy!
Post a Comment